We understand the commercial sensitivity of putting a business up for sale and take confidentiality very seriously.
In our experience it isn’t a glossy brochure that maximises value. It’s the one-to-one conversations we have with the decision makers within a potential buyer population. By taking the time up front to understand where the value sits in a deal and focusing on the strategic logic for each buyer we help to create the need to acquire.
A sale can be extremely distracting and we recognise the risk of an owner ‘taking their eye off the ball’ and for a business to underperform at a time when it most needs to be hitting its targets. A significant part to our role is ensuring that management’s time remains focused on the business.
Our role also involves:
- Identifying strategic and financial buyers across the globe with the financial capacity and a strong desire to acquire
- Identifying synergies for each buyer group to help maximise the price paid
- Building a robust financial model to support the growth projections of the business
- Creating a bespoke process to reflect the individual needs of the business and the wider buyer population
- Preparing and distributing appropriate marketing materials
- Managing the information flow to minimise the distribution of sensitive information
- Negotiating with buyers
- Minimising disruption by driving the deal to a swift completion
Why choose Quercus?
- Extensive experience. All our projects are led and executed by experienced partners who take hands-on approach to managing transactions and client relationships
- Senior commitment. We bring to bear over 160 years combined corporate finance experience and a track record of 350 completed deals
- Relationship focus. We establish long-term strategic relationships with our clients and the business community based on openness, honesty and integrity
- International reach. We have established a ‘best of breed’ international network, the cornerstone of which is the Terra Alliance